Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Jeunesse Doree


I just had to post this - only because the title really caught my attention. Of course, the edgy images too that came with it. Jeunesse Doree is a term that I encountered in dictionary.com many, many years back, as I'm sure my friends will attest. I think there was a time that I kept repeating it and sharing it with the people in school.

It literally means "young people of wealth, fashion, and flair." Haha! I never forgot it since. Well, how can you? It's everything a lot of people aspire to be nowadays it seems. Or worse, it's everything a lot of people project themselves to be (even if deep down, they're not). That's sad.

I noticed that not a lot of fashion writers get to use this term - probably çoz they've never really encountered it before. Well now they have (if you're reading this blog) :) But true to form, ladies and gentlemen, in retro Stacy Orico fashion, "there's gotta be more to life, than chasing 'round, just about, temporary highs, to satisfy me..." Keep it real people. Keep it real
Tush just keeps getting better as more stunning editorials surface from the German publication’s winter edition. With Markus Pritzi’s contribution, “Jeunesse Dorée”, stylist Wiebke Bredehorst swaths Isa Asklof in a sleek combination of pattern and color.

Tush just keeps getting better as more stunning editorials surface from the German publication’s winter edition. With Markus Pritzi’s contribution, “Jeunesse Dorée”, stylist Wiebke Bredehorst swaths Isa Asklof in a sleek combination of pattern and color.







- from FASHIONGONEROGUE


No comments:

Post a Comment