Sunday, June 20, 2010

159 - 160: Junkfood Thoughts and Junkfood America

The past few days are what I can only describe as... the Attack of Junkfood America. Before I get into my thoughts, I will let the food speak for itself... (my thoughts after the food mania)

WHAT I ATE TODAY:
Day 159:
Breakfast:
none

Lunch: In n' Out
Double Double
Animal Style Extra Crispy Fries
Sips of Neopolitan Shake

Entering Adult Disneyland


The In n' Out menu

Animal Style Fries w/ a Double Double... Good god!

Merienda: Auntie Anne's
1 Lemonade
2 pcs. Cinnamon Sticks



Dinner: Mc Donalds
Fries
5 pcs. Chicken Fingers w/ Barbecue Sauce




Day 160: 
Breakfast:
none

Lunch: Tarantino's at Fisherman's Wharf
Clam Chowder
Shrimp Popcorn
Calamares


Sinfully delicious clam chowder

Masagwang shrimp popcorn

Calamares... pwede...

Dinner:
1 Serving of White Rice
Pot Roast
1 Slab of Sea Bass


EXERCISE:
NONE


My friend Faith posted an interesting comment in my blog. She noticed that I haven't been updating my weight. She's right. I haven't. Maybe because I'm too ashamed to post it on-line. When I started this weight loss chronicle, I said that I'd always be honest about my weight. I wouldn't modify just for show. And true enough, I've stuck to that promise. And since I've been eating and eating non-stop for the past few weeks, well, I removed that very integral component from 2000 and Thin. It stops here. On my next blog, I will find a way to weigh even if there's no weighing scale here in the house. Maybe there is, I just haven't looked.

On to more junkfood thoughts, my God! America is the land of junk and excess. Excess shopping. Excess food. Excess lethargy. It's so tempting to just let go of yourself in this country and succumb to obesity (yes, despite watching Losing it With Jillian). But again, you have to make the conscious effort to exercise. Any exercise, little exercise is better than no exercise. So my goal? Before I leave for mass tomorrow which is at 930, I will jog. If I don't jog, then I will let you all know... and I will make sure to treat whoever remembers this bet of mine when I return to Manila. 


On other junkfood things, insecurity. Why am I so full of it? Why can't I seem to accept a compliment? Why can't I stop digging deeper holes for myself? I dig my own grave. I make my own mental prison. And there's no escape... momentarily. Until I decide to remove the prison. Hayyy nako, why do I conjure my own demons?

Despite the reassurance that the people I love give me, I can't seem to unhinge myself from this state of constant self deprecation. Everyone deserves happiness. Everyone deserves a shot at something great. But I always seem to put myself down with thoughts that I make bigger in my head. Sometimes, it really is all in your head. Sometimes, your head gets in the way of achieving true and pristine happiness. 


STOP BEING SUCH A CYNICAL FART TOFF. MOVE ON AND BE A MAN.


SIGHTS AND SOUNDS:
I'm starting to really love American Apparel style.

Here's some more of it.

At Fisherman's wharf. Kung sa Pilipinas toh, nakain na yung mga gagong yan.

Birds of the same feather...

Uphill Battle

STUSSY!!!

Haight corner Ashbury

Vintage Shops = Love

- 2000 and Resolved to Be Thin Again

1 comment:

  1. How about doing something active that doesn't seem like exercise like streetdance? You burn fat while you enjoy moving to your fave beats! That's why I do or borrow someone's dog and run with it. :D

    ReplyDelete