Monday, April 12, 2010

DAY 91: LECHENG LECHON

DAY 2: CAMPAIGN CHRONICLES

FOR STARTERS... homaygad. guess who?


And........... scene.

I had every intention of jogging in the morning. But of course, I wasn't able to. The province is just so relaxing that you just wanna laze around the entire day. That's basically what I did for the two days that I was in Pangasinan. Laze around in the morning and afternoon before our late night sorties. And... eat. Homaygad. Talk about buhay baboy.

Well, I did leave the house that day to go to Capitana Pina's little celebration at her place. Her daughter passed the medical board so she made pakain. Hindi lang pakain. FEAST. Yum-my! Her lechon is really legendary. And she's one of our loyalists in Pangasinan. Siyempre we came in full force. In full pink force because that is indeed mom's color. By the time elections end, I should be ready to puke pink.


Later that day, I dragged my folks to SM Rosales for Ms. Millie Dizon's event. It was the launch of "my city, my SM" featuring the works of F. Sionel Jose, the national artist who hails from the area. Mom read an excerpt from one of his books and I was thrilled to have met the guy. Soon, I will be his fellow columnist in the Arts and Culture section of Philippine Star... I should definitely start writing.

Mrs. Jose, JDV, F. Sionel Jose, Jessica Zafra, Millie Dizon

Of course, we had our sorties at night. Difference between 2007 and 2010? I'm not a student on summer anymore. I have work so I can only go to Pangasinan during the weekends. Also, I'm behind-the-scenes nalang. Hindi na ako umaakyat sa stage, sumasayaw, kumakanta ng Hawak Kamay... haha, at nag-se-speech. Growing up? or getting corny? I'll probably try next weekend. 


WHAT I ATE TODAY:
Breakfast:
none

Lunch:
Lechon
Pancit


Merienda: Pao Tsin
2 pcs. sharksfin dumpling
Small Buko Pandan

Dinner:
Half Chicken at Max's
3/4 cup of white rice
2 servings of tofu sisig


Midnight Snack: PUTA
7 pcs. fried chicken
1 cup of white rice
1/4 slice of caramel cake


SIGHTS AND SOUNDS:
*Daddy-yo and GPV at the press conference

From afar

homaygad...

some folksy number. astig siya.
Mom reads an excerpt from The Pretenders

SORTIES


Scores of people came out in support. Iboto si Manay Gina para congresswoman. Serbisyong 2 in 1. I think i've officially been brainwashed by her jingle.

Uncle Cocs and Tita Joce in the house

SUPER NAUGHTY
Giant Halo-halo from Max's. The people from the other table ordered it. So fattening!

And as naughty as all the fattening food...

Mom's opponent. Manang Celia Lim. chaka

EXERCISE: 
none

NO WEIGHT CHECK

- 2000 and Thin

No comments:

Post a Comment