Monday, March 15, 2010

DAY 64: Enchante

Lazy days and Sundays, for me, are a bit of a boon and bane at the same time. I want to be doing something easy and effortless (which is supposed to be how things are with family) but I also don't want to be doing anything because of all the work I'm juggling at the same time. I'm doing so many things, and I've never really been the one-man-one-thing kind of guy. Give me a break.

Unfortunately, I don't really get a sense of normalcy on the supposed rest day in every person's life. No family bonding at all, no family dinner or family lunch, no family movie night, no anything. In fact, we haven't really had that since Manoy Ipe left the country for New York. No more foot zone and the like with mom and my aunts. And I've sort of been reduced to satellite meet-ups with cousins which isn't really a regular thing since of course, they live their own lives, I can only impose so much. Yep. That's that. I've been meeting up with family in the form of friends for a sense or semblance of family on a supposed family day.

I know I'm supposed to give way to Mom since this is her time to shine... but I can't help but be put off by how committed she and Tita Chona have been in winning the campaign. It's too much. But that's mom... she gives it her all. She's an extremist like me. When I get into something, i really get into it that I forget everything else in my life. Aspects of my life start to suffer and I become imbalanced. I get that from mom. Now she's into campaigning and winning... so her life is all about that - even when she's with me, she's on the phone getting the latest 411 on the campaign trail. Nakikibalita. Seriously... I'm family-less until this election is over. Don't be surprised if I just fly out before elections and get away from this crap.

I ABSOLUTELY HATE POLITICS. IT DESTROYS LIVES AND IT DESTROYS FAMILIES. 

I've always been the one who needs some form of anchor and well, I lost it. And okay, I should keep my mouth shut, live, and let live. But if this development leads me to the point of no return... well, I'll be lost and existential again somewhere down the road. It'll be hard to come back.

Thank God I have awesome and amazing friends who are my family in the absence of having a real one nowadays. Some family that's left... well... I dunno. It's weird. I have a weird dynamic with my family and the energy seems put on. Dad comes a-knocking on my door Sunday night before I was about to leave for Enchante for Nikki's congratulatory dinner, and I'm like... you're too late. I think he wanted to dinner out with Kuya Joey who is of course running for senator. I dunno. I was never really close to him, nor to my other siblings in the father-side. The closest would be Ate Leslie. So it's not really something I look forward to.

And the sad thing is, I didn't even know dad was home. That's the story of my life nowadays... mom and dad pop in on the most random occasion... only to leave again hours later or the next day. They didn't even watch RENT - after all the hard work I put into it. And they're not really appreciative of theater. I feel like they tolerate it rather than accept it. Must prove them wrong someday.

WHAT I ATE TODAY:
Breakfast:
none

Lunch:
Trittico from Pastelleria
- I finished the Bolognese and the Carbonara, and picked on the Vongole

*Fattening

Dinner: (at Enchante)
4 pcs. Ciabatta Bread w/ Butter
Cream of Mushroom Soup

Dalandan Sorbet
Baked Rack of Lamb in Rosemary Jus w/ Wild Rice Vegetable Risotto


Trio of Chocolate Macadamia Nut Slice, Crepe Samurai, Blueberry Cheesecake
*this was to die for.


SIGHTS AND SOUNDS:
 *Bourg w/ Prin. Nice catching up with you girl :)

*I love table cards!

*I look big here for some reason. Me and Prin in the enchanting smoking room.

*Congrats Nikki! Watch out for this promising new architect whose work will be all over the Metro someday. Nikki you'll be designing my house someday. hehe. congrats again! don't be a hermit anymore.

*Me and bourg in the ladies room. Haha. I actually snuck in to take a peek kasi ang ganda lang.


EXERCISE:
1 hour and 15 minutes of tennis. Doubles. 
Was in a tantrum for the first half of the game because I was playing against ballboys.
I should have given them more credit. They're actually good. I feel so evil.

My new racket.

*Not in the mood to play.

MORNING WEIGHT:
196 pounds


EVENING WEIGHT:
199 pounds
*Fuck. 199? That's cause for alarm. Thank God today I woke up at 197.5... Ate too much. Been eating too much actually. Time to cut back

- 2000 and Thin

No comments:

Post a Comment