Monday, March 1, 2010

DAY 50: It's Over

I don't even know how to begin writing this entry. I'm half-hung over and half-emotional, reeling in from the super fun and super emotional RENT cast party last night. We ended at around 6am-ish (because the party started at 12 midnight, and yes I actually woke up for work today. I had to drag my ass outta bed at 8 a.m. so I'm super sabog). Bottomline: Last night was hella fun and RENT was a rollercoaster ride I didn't want to end.

The show had its share of ups and downs but the ride was worth it - it made me cry, it made me bawl, it made me ecstatic, it made me frown, it made me happy and most importantly, it made me feel... alive.


It brought me back to a time and place when I wasn't just treading okay, stoic, detached, neither here nor there, stuck - I was depressed, I was at my happiest, I was at my saddest, I was on cloud nine, I was in the depths of oblivion, I was torn, I was dazed, I was excited, I was emotional, I was in tears. I was unstable but life was exciting. Life was exciting and it made every moment worth hating, and loving at the same time.

RENT reminded me that I'm an artist. I'm an artist. I'm an artist. And that is something, no matter how hard I try to run away from it, or deny it, or hide from it, I will always and forever be proud to be. I'm also happy to say that I'm coming into my own. This is what I really love and I will continue to do this for as long as I live.

But shit I can't believe RENT is over. It's finally over.

We performed our final show last night, to astounding applause and a standing ovation from the audience. That was the first time I ever saw them rise to honor the cast who has been nothing but generous and brilliant. It gave me goosebumps. It sent chills up and down my spine. And it was also a validation of all the hard work we had put in over the past so many months. It's been a long time coming.

After the final bows, our director Robbie G went up the stage and he called on the whole RENT team to the stage and together, we all sang Ceejay's special arrangement of Seasons of Love. It was another amazing experience. It was my first time to sort of perform (though not really) at the RCBC stage. Wow, it was so overwhelming. I'd be so hyped and inspired if I were given the opportunity to perform in a theater like that.

*View from the RENT stairs. Wow!

*Last night was also one of the funnest cast parties I've thrown or been to in ages. A lot of people got drunk and swam or got thrown into the pool. It was good happy vibes, a good mix of people, and everyone had a damned good time. I puked! Haha - haven't puked in aaaaaaaaages. aaaaaageeeesssssss. I will take away fond memories of last night - yun na yun. La Vie Boheme! No Day but Today!

WHAT I ATE BUT MOSTLY DRANK TODAY:
Breakfast: 
None

Lunch:
Pancit Canton

*Jocelyn ang dami lang. Haha. i finished about half of this; ergo, I had 1 1/2 packs of Lucky Me pancit canton for lunch. Wasn't really in the mood to make pabili food.

Dinner:
None

Midnight Snack / Alcohol towards the wee hours of the morning:
- 3 pcs. hotdog
- Spoonfuls of Corned Beef Rice
- 4 Soberclub Shots (inc. 1 flaming one)

*and then I puked

- 7 beers
- 1 shot of coffee patron

SIGHTS AND SOUNDS:
*Alys, Famous Amos and Bulings
 *Jon and Mark T
*The RENT cast. I realized i didn't really take a lot of pictures yesterday. Purga pa siguro from Saturday na 'sang damukal yung pictures.

MORNING WEIGHT:
198.5 pounds


EVENING WEIGHT:
201 pounds


-2000 And THIN

No comments:

Post a Comment